FACING PROBLEM GAMBLING TOGETHER
In honor of Problem Gambling Awareness Month (PGAM), the New York Council on Problem Gambling (NYCPG) is challenging everyone across New York State – individuals, agencies and communities alike – to come together to face problem gambling. With gambling opportunities expanding at rapid rates in New York State and beyond, it’s imperative that all factions of the community, in all geographic areas of the state, join forces around the issue of problem gambling. We need to collaborate to raise awareness of problem gambling, prevent any additional problems related to gambling, and get those in need to adequate support services in their own community.
PGAM is a time for everyone to join together to show how much we care about individuals, families and communities struggling with gambling problems. That’s why this year for PGAM, the NYCPG is expanding its focus to engage all New Yorkers in problem gambling efforts. The materials and resources developed for PGAM 2021 will help individuals explore their own struggles, support agencies who want to host Gambling Disorder Screening Day events and raise awareness of what’s being done across the state to face the issue of problem gambling.
In order to help everyone, we’re hoping to harness the energy around Problem Gambling Awareness Month and partner with everyone who cares about the issue.
- Include Problem Gambling Awareness content in your digital media (Link to Resources)
- Create safe, trigger-free spaces by designating gambling free zones (Link to Flyer/Poster)
- Take our Facebook Challenge and post a video on Facebook or host a Facebook Live event to let the world know why you/your agency cares about problem gambling. (Link to Challenge)
Screen for Gambling Disorder
- Try our Problem Gambling Risk Self-Screener (Link to Screener)
- Host a Gambling Disorder Screening Day event. (Link to Video)
- Gambling Disorder Screening Day Toolkit (Link to Toolkit)
- Learn about problem gambling by attending one of our PGAM webinars (Link to Webinars)
- Call the PGRC in your area to learn about their services. (Link to PGRCs)
- Join our email list. (Link to Subscribe)
LOG YOUR PGAM ACTIVITIES HERE
Please fill in the contact form below to let us know what you’re doing in your community during
Problem Gambling Awareness Month. We want to help spread the word about all our partners
who care about problem gambling!