FREE* Clinical Supervision
The New York Council on Problem Gambling (NYCPG) is pleased to offer free Clinical Supervision to Problem Gambling Treatment Providers in New York State. Whether you are a CASAC-G, a licensed mental health professional, or you’re working toward a specialty designation, these sessions can provide you with the education and support you need to support clients struggling with problem gambling.
All sessions are scheduled to take place via conference call on Mondays from 12:00PM-1:00PM EST with supervisor Dr. Loreen Rugle. Scroll down to view upcoming clinical supervision dates.
The New York Council on Problem Gambling encourages all clinicians encountering problem gambling with their clients to attend these FREE clinical supervision sessions.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend:
- Facilitates group discussion. Acquire and share strategies in a discussion oriented learning environment.
- Dedicates time for real-world case studies. Discuss specific cases and get ideas for future approaches to the client’s care from professionals across the state.
- Provides peer feedback from diverse perspectives. Each participating clinician comes to the supervision with different specialties and interests to share and bring the conversation to a new level.
- Renders support, encouragement, and worthwhile practical advice. Participants may walk away feeling refreshed, revitalized, and better prepared to work with clients.
- Ultimately, improves client care. When you learn or rediscover strategies to help your clients you’ll feel more confident. Improved confidence may improve you’re practice and you’ll better serve your clients.
Clinical Supervisor: Loreen Rugle, PhD, ICGC-II/BACC
Dr. Rugle is Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland and is currently Special Projects Consultant with the Maryland Center for Excellence in Problem Gambling. She is also currently Responsible Gambling Specialist with the North American Association of State and Provincial Lotteries. Her previous position was Director of Problem Gambling Services with the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services for the State of Connecticut. Dr. Rugle brings 30+ years of experience in the field of problem gambling including treatment, prevention, research and responsible gambling to her current positions. She has managed problem gambling programs within the Veterans Administration, in the private sector and within state systems. She has participated in research on brief screening for gambling problems, as well as a broad range of other problem gambling related research projects. She has provided consultation and training on gambling disorder throughout the United States, for the military and internationally.
*These sessions are also available to non-NYS providers for a fee of $15 per session. To register as a non-NYS resident and pay your fee, contact: