This FREE training series was designed to advance the problem gambling specific knowledge of those working in a clinical setting with individuals and loved ones affected by problem gambling. All trainings were developed in partnership with leading experts in the fields of problem gambling and mental health. The series consists of ten, one-hour trainings that are all eligible for BOTH OASAS and social work clock hours.
The trainings available in the series are listed below:
- Collaborative Goal Setting with Couples Addressing Gambling Problems
- Collaborative Goal Setting with Individuals Addressing Gambling Problems
- Financial Recovery Goals for Disordered Gambling
- Gambling and Emerging Technology: Impacts for Mental Health Treatment
- Intimate Partner Violence and Problem Gambling
- Medications and Gambling Disorder
- Problem Gambling and Suicide Part 1: What this Relationship Means for the Fields of Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Problem Gambling and Suicide Part 2: Why do Means Matter so Much?
- Treating Loved Ones of Individuals Experiencing Gambling Problems
- Youth Gambling, Gaming and Mental Health: Implications for Helping Professionals
This training series is hosted on NYCPG’s pilot training platform. Upon your first registration, the system will prompt you to create a unique username and password. This platform is separate from the NYCPG Online Training Center where our other trainings are hosted.
If you have any questions about this training series or the pilot platform, please reach out to [email protected].